Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So with another week off (just because I can) I felt the need to chase some more fish. Only this time I didn't do it alone every day. Here are some pictures and a video of my adventures this past week and today. All fish were CPR'd for someone else to enjoy another day.

Arkansas River Below Pueblo today: 12 fish landed. Top picture was just over 20". All fish caught on Dynamic HD and Rapala BX.

Spinney Mountain Reservoir Sunday with Jim (Anglerwannabe from Fish Explorer). The only two pics I had a chance to take were his two fish for the day. Both rainbows over 19" caught on crankbaits.

Jim was nice enough to have someone put together a video of some of the highlights he caught on his GoPro. My most memorable moment was a good bow I caught swimming away with Jim's brand new digital scale.:embarassed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upQYfq9XTQ

Here's the one good picture I got from last Thursday at Spinney with my buddy Dano. It's a 19 3/4" bow caught on a tube jig (first one ever on a tube for Dano). Hope to do it again soon buddy!!!!

Last but not least some humor from last Wednesday failed attempt at chasing cats during the day at Pueblo. A first for me this year..... but that's how catfishing goes a lotta days.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nice Job! I know that rock in the second pic!:madgrin:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're killing it dude!
Thanks P-Dog, I've been working a pretty good pattern of lures for the big fish on the Arkansas. The bows and pike at Spinney are pretty easy most of the time, but fish over 20" on the Arkansas are very rewarding to me and skunks catfishing are part of the game.

I know that rock in the second pic!
You sure do!!!!

Hahaha footage of you losing the scale is priceless! Sweet pics!
What didn't get captured is that I sat there for about five minutes with my hand on my head thinking about whether or not it would come off of the poor fishes lip.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool... nice to have that kind of time!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!

Love the river in P-lo. I am lookin to come over and fish that in a couple of months or so.

I had to giggle about the scale, sorry just hit the funny bone.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I was fishing with my buddies on the Juan and hooked a fish, so my buddy grab his boat net(cuz we were in his boat) and was dicking around trying to land my fish, so I grab the net from him (cuz he was not doing what he needed to to do to land the fish) and I net the fish. I then start to get the hook out and get it out and set the net down beside me and my buddy wants to get a pic so I stand up with fish in hand to get my picture taken and look over the edge of the boat and see his net floating rather sinking down river...ooops!

Well from then on, I am the A-hole for losing the net and reminded everytime I grab the new net that I bought that "this net is not a single use net nor is it disposable"!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sat there for about three minutes thinking "what a dumbass; why didn't I just use my own?"

Mine was sitting just to the left of my seat attached to a bungee so that kind of thing can't happen. After damn near losing a rod & reel when a trout knocked it overboard the second outing of the year; I attached everything that doesn't float with bungee leashes.

His new one just arrived yesterday so when he gets back from his ocean fishing vacation I will have it attached to a bungee so it can't happen again. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thinking about Spinney on Sunday. Can fish be had from shore? Waders?
Teacher, I was just there today. Lake is like pea soup along the shorelines (Lots of leftover weed debris is floating around). Fishing was slow (five fish in 6 hours) and everything I caught was in about 20' of water. Didn't see many caught, but then again I try to stay away from the crowds. It can be fished from shore (West side was the clearest today, but even there it was pretty soupy.) I would wear my "patience hat" and be prepared to clean the slime off lures and jigs quite often.

I did well on the Dream Stream, but it was crowded even for a weekday. Water is low and fish are hungry for sure (at least for what I was using), but I still had to clean my lures about every other cast.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
From the looks of it, I think losing the non-digital scale would have been more costly... :biggrin1: Looks like a good time was had, despite the lost scale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts