Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

And then Depression Set In...Harriman Iced Over 12/01/05

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Zman 
#1 ·
Went to Harriman tonight after work...

Much to my surprise it was 3/4 ice covered...UGH!!!...

The cold can stay in the mountains...it is too early...and I ice fish as much as anyone...we dont get decent long term ice down here anyway...due to global warming and PETA...you wait 3 weeks for it to get decent enough between the thaws and the freezes...good ice for a month...and then 3 more weeks waiting for it to come off...UGH...

Bring back the open water to Harriman!!!!...

#2 ·
Zman,

My advice is look forward to how the fishing will be at Harriman in a few months. Ice off is one of the best fishing times and I doubt if Harriman will be any different.

Dan

Can someone explain to me why I am trying to cheer up the "Cursemeister"?

#4 ·
Hey 303...where have you been?

Dan thanks...a few months...90 days?...<starts to shake>

Dan you still in for the Lake John tourney Jan 14th and Jan 15th (going up on the 13th?)...

Oh well at least Pueblo doesnt usually freeze...

Wonder how Powell fishes is January?...WaynesWord here I come...

#6 ·
Dan sometimes I wonder about you,,, Cheering up the Cursemiester,,, Geez Louise.

Poor Zman, I think its called Open Water Withdrawal (OWW), and to think we are only into the ice fishing season one weekend. Shakes already? It has to be one of the worst cases I've heard of. I once heard the little ice age began when someone with OWW cast a curse at his fishing partner and missed.

In the interest of staving of another little ice age I recommend Zman also try Elephant Butte.

Ter

#8 ·
i posted a harriman report for today, wish i would have read yours before going there

was pretty icy - 50-75% .. took my bike just in case i had to search awhile for a spot, glad i brought it

south side isnt too bad after you pass the tree bank

Harriman wind is a beast - a few days ago i went running from there

#10 ·
zman said:
Hey 303...where have you been?

Dan thanks...a few months...90 days?...<starts to shake>

Dan you still in for the Lake John tourney Jan 14th and Jan 15th (going up on the 13th?)...

Oh well at least Pueblo doesnt usually freeze...

Wonder how Powell fishes is January?...WaynesWord here I come...

I agree ZMAN!! Lets head to AZ or some place warm and whack some bass!

#12 ·
Don

[Is ice fishing allowed at Harriman?
...not sure...but if you see me there doing it...it is probably an optical delusion...

Dan sometimes I wonder about you,,, Cheering up the Cursemiester,,, Geez Louise.
Dearest Terre :p I had nothing to do with the curse...and Dan sacrificed a virgin out there...the curse is dead...

Poor Zman, I think its called Open Water Withdrawal (OWW), and to think we are only into the ice fishing season one weekend. Shakes already? It has to be one of the worst cases I've heard of. I once heard the little ice age began when someone with OWW cast a curse at his fishing partner and missed.
...no wonder I catch so many fish with a kastmaster through the ice...the shakes of OWW contribute to a hard to replicate jigging motion...OWW...pretty darn funny...I have to fish once with you and your tribe!...bwahaahaahahahahahahhaa...if the fish arent biting you might as well be laughing...

In the interest of staving of another little ice age I recommend Zman also try Elephant Butte.
...PuebloGoldenWiperMan keeps muttering about that place...may look into it...

I agree ZMAN!! Lets head to AZ or some place warm and whack some bass!
...Wayne you said you wanted to fish?...Joe and I are looking into Powell for March...what do you think...the "OWW" conditions that Terre described above ought to be in the terminal stages by then...and I am going to need a quality fix...you said you wanted to do some fishing...

i was in texas for a few months
...303...I am sorry you had to go to Texas...next time just go to Salida...same population...just not as far!

#13 ·
I think Zman needs professional help and lots of it. I will be taking donations , I accept cash and checks no credit cards. Email me for directions to a hollow tree at Harriman i will be using for donations. ;)

I am sure we can help Zman if we all pitch in, say $20 each?

Dan

NOte this is not tax deductible and I accept no responsibility for embezzled funds......

#14 ·
Email me for directions to a hollow tree at Harriman i will be using for donations

Is that the same hollow tree with leaves that Eyeguy used in the "set" in his now famous Tropical Glendo In March Photo?...

And yes I do need help...I need this cold front to backs its arse back up into the hills where it belongs...

#19 ·
I think I am heading to Eleven Mile on the 17th too...I think Joe is going...it was tough to go there this time...but there is lots of folks from here going...I talked to Bill Willcox of Lake John on the weekend and he had cabins open for that weekend...it was tough not going to Lake John for early ice...not as hit and miss as Eleven Mile can be...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.