Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, new to the board and I appreciate all of the info. and accomplishments I have read about here. My daughter Anna (4) caught this nice trout last weekend on a bobber/fly setup. Thought I would share
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Way to go Anna.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, thank you for the warm welcome and Anna says thanks too! Here is Anna's very first trout, she was about 3 at the time. A little brookie caught on the same set up, bobber and fly from a beaver pond high up. The big trout was caught from a lake on the west slope. She and I have caught lots of different species in between. The barbie rod only worked for about a week. She now has a nice little daiwa and Pflueger set up. LOL

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Nice job dad and mom...better job Anna!!!...on a fly to boot...

Welcome to the site dont be a stranger!!...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Very cool! Taking kids fishing means I won`t necessarily do very well, but the kids smiles are at least as good as a trophy anyday. Thanx for sharing! Taking my son out tomorrow......

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Right On Anna (and mom & dad)! Very nice Trout! My daughter caught her first less than a week after turning 3 (on a Mepps). She hasn't caught another yet, but still tries. I'm sure she'll get a few through the ice this winter...

Anyway, welcome to CF.com, Nice post!

·
Registered
991 Posts
There's nothing better than helping someone else catch a fish - ESPECIALLY a kid! Thanks for sharing that. I love that smile!

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
haha, that's awesome. Very cool pic of a pretty happy looking kid!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your assessment really hit home fish fetish, I quit bringing my equipment after the second trip with Anna, especially if we are fishing from our kayak. It is funny that she has a LOT more patience than I do, she will throw the fly out and and tell me to "be patient daddy, the fish will come" I am ready to try another spot after 3 mins of no action LOL, the lessons we learn from our children are usually right on target!!
Once again thanks again everyone for the warm welcome, in my experience fisherman are usually good people!

fish fetish said:
Very cool! Taking kids fishing means I won`t necessarily do very well, but the kids smiles are at least as good as a trophy anyday. Thanx for sharing! Taking my son out tomorrow......

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Great Job Anna!!! You are a better trout fisherma...... Fisherperson than i am!!! And Wildcat, you must be a great dad. Sounds like you have more patience with your daughter than you do the fish.. lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Good stuff! Next year will be the first fishing outings with my son and I can't wait. Welcome aboard and keep em coming.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts