Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Denver Broncos running back Laurence Maroney was arrested Monday night by St. Louis police and is being held on unlawful weapons and drug charges, according to KMOV.com.

The 25-year-old St. Louis native was arrested with three others after being pulled over during a traffic stop.

Maroney's publicist told KMOV.com that the Broncos running back was not involved in a high speed car chase and that Maroney just happened to be behind the car "by pure coincidence."

Maroney was traded by the New England Patriots to the Denver Broncos during the 2010 season.

He only appeared in four games for the Broncos, racking up just 74 yards on 36 carries.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/01/18/nfl-running-sacked-st-louis-police/?test=latestnews#

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Maroney? Can't remember him at all..... oh wait, he did play about 20 run plays. FOR A FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICK!!

GRRR!!! MCDUMMY !! Get out of town faster.... you loser!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
§limer said:
baetisrun1 said:
Love the thought of D'angelo Williams here next season!

Jim
X2. He was my fave RB coming out when he came out. Thought he had the best running ability. Hasn't done bad, and would be a great featured back. imo...
I'd prefer to get Jonathan Stewart if the broncos had to get a carolina RB, but both of those guys are huge injury risks.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
§limer said:
baetisrun1 said:

Jim
X2. He was my fave RB coming out when he came out. Thought he had the best running ability. Hasn't done bad, and would be a great featured back. imo...
I'd prefer to get Jonathan Stewart if the broncos had to get a carolina RB, but both of those guys are huge injury risks.
anymore, it seems like ANY running back is a huge injury risk... I would dig Williams in orange and blue

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Oyey said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
§limer said:
baetisrun1 said:

Jim
anymore, it seems like ANY running back is a huge injury risk... I would dig Williams in orange and blue
That's probably true, almost everyone is splitting carries these days, but williams and stewart have both missed significant time each of the last few years, despite the time-share

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
D. Williams is fast, elusive and shifty, BUT small in size (5'10" 210) so he gets hurt running in a scheme like Fox would (and most likely will) run here in Denver.
He also depended a bunch on a lead blocking Fullback. We got rid of ours.. (Hillis) and would need another... UNLESS... of course, Fox takes a liking to the McCoy/ McDaniels spread type of offense that we ran last season.
In that case..... Moreno, who is in the last year of his contract, should prove himself as a first round talent.... at least he better!
I would have liked to see the Bronc's bring back Bobby Turner as RB coach.... tough SOB and got those guys fired up....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts