Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to take my son and his two friends (teenagers) to a quality fishing area such as Flat Tops or around Gunnison during mid July. We will be doing some light camping (they are all city boys). Shore fishing only. I would welcome suggestions for quality camping sites near good fishing. Thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've always seemed to have good luck at lake DeWeese near Wetcliff. You can camp right on the lake and I know they stock it pretty good every year. I usually have the best luck with crawlers and and kasmasters there.

Good luck

·
Registered
943 Posts
i would camp up at big creek lake there are some nice places to camp and the fishing is really good

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey pescado thanks for the thanks but i didnt post here yet

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops, sorry bassmaster, I owe you the thanks! Just call me pescado spaceman! Roadkill, you're welcome.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
credit where credit is due

and i would have to second bassmasters thought about deweese im going to try to get down there tonight

if you didnt see it already check out my "dinner at deweese" post from a few weeks back

back when the ice was just comming off the trout where sucking up nightcrawler like candy and some good size too i dont think i have seen but a couple of fish under 15 inches and 2 that were 20 most 16-18

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do remember that post, and that's why I mentioned your name when thinking about DeWeese. As I remember, there once were lots of rattlers around that lake. Is that still true? Or am I thinking of some other lake?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive lived in this valley bout 6 years and havent seen a rattler yet not even dead in the road lots of bull snake and some garters and a few little water snakes i do know they are up here but i havnt had a problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts