Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this guy was old enough to know better he left a wife and 2 children. I am not sure where it was but I know of at least one spot there that the water is only 10 to 14 feet deep under the cliff at this time of year, I have caught several eyes there

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he was found in 30 feet of water but the shelf I am talking about is about 10 to 15 feet wide and drops off to 39 feet. I walked on the bottom all over that shore line when the lake was at min.pool at that time you could walk to midway island andonly get wet to your knees and you could walk to ship rock and not gey your feet wet

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I get sad with folks who are just so critical of people doing dumb stuff... I guarantee most of you have done stupid **** that is every bit as dangerous. No need to **** on a man's grave. RIP

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I had a friend up in Minnesota who was cliff diving and hit something in the water. He ended up being a paraplegic. They don't know if it was a turtle, a fish or a board. The water was plenty deep. Pretty sad.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I had a friend up in Minnesota who was cliff diving and hit something in the water. He ended up being a paraplegic. They don't know if it was a turtle, a fish or a board. The water was plenty deep. Pretty sad.
My wife was a nurses aide in her early years... she took care of two paraplegics that hit things in the Pueblo Res. It's always spooked me a bit (because prior to that, I was a jumping fool).

I know people... far smarter than Ghostman who make some pretty risky decisions... 80' is so high. He should have known better. That said, not sure even known risk takers deserve to be disrespected for making a mistake after their death.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I've jumped from 60 (feet first) in Lake Havasu... had a splitting headache and ringing in my ears for hours. Never again.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I used to know someone who told the story of a friend that jumped into an old open pit mine.
Hit a pipe that went into his foot arch and exited his thigh.
Lost his leg and almost bled to death.

:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts