Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing yesterday, the boy and I were witness to stupidity at its finest.

About 30 minutes into the trip, a really dumb woman and her 4 year old kid walked right by where we were set up and started feeding the geese... 10 yards from our spot, there was a GIANT sign talking about the dangers of feeding the geese and explicitly forbade the activity. Well, either this woman couldn't read, didn't care, or was a complete idiot (or a combination of the three). I mentioned to her immediately that feeding the geese was against the park rules and to please not do it. She basically told me to mind my own business.

What do you think happened? 100 geese flew from all over the lake and descended on our location... One of which flew RIGHT into my 50 lb braided line, then into my 40 lb braided line, tangling itself in both and tangling both lines together. 50 pound braid DOESNT break. I tried to keep tension on the main line in the hope that the goose would be able to free itself by shaking its foot. The 40 lb line came free from the foot, but remained tangled with the 50 lb. I had to cut my good 50 and try to recover the terminal tackle (heavy swivel, bead, circle hook) from the goose. The goose was panicked pretty badly and flopping all over the bank.

So once I cut my line, I looked over at the stupid woman and said "No, keep feeding em, please!!! They need more **** tangled in their legs and wings!". She gave me a dirty look and walked away.

I was able to recover my terminal tackle, but lost 30 feet of my braid.

Read posted regs, people... Don't be a dumb *****.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
IMO

All she cared about was entertaining her 4 year old. As soon as she started feeding that close to me I would have asked her to move. You have the whole lake lady, why here.

Anyway I feel for ya.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
YUP!

Can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carp and large cats. 50 lb braid, 2 oz slip sinker, bead, big ass swivel, varying leaders and hooks depending on species.

With 50 lb braid, there's no chance of breaking from fish pressure and almost ZERO chance of breakage on rocks or structure.

I've broken off too many times to mess around with dinky line when fishing for big fish...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
After she told you to mind your own business i would of whipped out my phone and acted like i was calling the parks dept.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
After she told you to mind your own business i would of whipped out my phone and acted like i was calling the parks dept.
X2... Start pretending to take pictures and/or videos of her doing it. LOL

The main thing that sucks about this situation to me.... Poor kid is being raised to be a douche Bag!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
First you have to be smart enough to realize you are dumb, then care enough to change.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j339/4picpost/Funny-*******.jpg

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Brilliance has its limitations but stupidity know no bounds.

There are some unbelievably dumb people out there.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
My pet peeve: Pick up your f&*(ing line!!!! Braid has a half-life longer than plutonium and is deadly to birds. Clean up your **** peeps.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
This happens at Webster lake all the time. I just start screaming obscenities. Or if it's girls I'll act like a creep, or start farting.

I don't care if it's sexual harassment, don't feed the fucking ducks in front of my line. This is why men are the patriarchs.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would of been going off on that lady, but then again your son was with you so you had to be somewhat censored im sure. That would of royally pissed me off

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wanted to go off on her, but my 5 year old and her 3-4 year old were there... Had to pick my approach carefully.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts