Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Pueblo yesterday from 6 until 1 pm. Caught a bunch of smallies and spots, a couple of undersized walleye and one nice largemouth. Water temp was 72 when I started and 75 when I came off the lake. Water is still cloudy even on the lower end but seems to be clearing some.

Everything came on a tube-chartreuse seemed to be the color of the day. Found one main lake point where I fished for an hour and got 10 or so. Bite seemed to disappear about 10 and then started up again before noon.

A lot of guys out doing the walleye thing just west of north marina.

Definitely a better bite than last week where I had to work a lot harder for bites. Watch out for floating logs-I hit one hard but my lower unit is OK. If I had been going faster it may have been different. You have to run a slalom course going down the lake.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad-I only go during the week. The inspectors said it can be crazy on the weekends. With the high water there is not a lot of room on the ramp to turn your boat around to launch.

Mid to late afternoon is the time you want to avoid.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When I was there Monday it was a zoo launching and even worse during recovery when the winds picked up. Lots of wives, discourteous and inexperienced people trying to back trailers made it very frustrating.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Rude and stupid can rule the day at that boat ramp. Why I never fish it on the weekend until Oct.

Imagine it really is no different than any other crowded ramp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts