Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its hard to understand but Duncan is hurt which really helps and the lakers never turn it on till the play offs. Hopefully the new nuggets can get it together and make a good run this year.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
The Nuggets are pulling a Clippers a few years back. Trying to set up with a first rnd match up with the Mavricks. It might just work.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I dunno...Tuesday night they looked full of themselves for beating the Lakers on Sunday...I can live with them giving the kind of effort they gave in the previous 18 games...they took one off...granted it was at a bad time...they got it back against the MavWrecks...after that OKC had won the division by Wednesday night...not really any place for the Nuggets to go...although we need to win tonight...so I am not surprised they didnt win last night...OKC is the only team we play that scares me...they are just as young and atheletic...I dont think we match up well...kind of interesting 3 to 4 games to play...it is still really up in the air to who we play with the lakers and MavWrecks recent tail spin...2 games seperate the 3 teams...

Lakers 55 - 24
Dallas 54 - 25
OKC 53 - 26

I hope we get anyone but OKC...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
George Karl openly said he'd rather play the Mavs, I knew they weren't going to win that game last night.

OKC matches up tough at every position with Denver - they are taller and equally athletic.

I'd rather play Dallas as well IMO

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Another thing and not to dampen the excitement...Sandy Clough was talking on the fan the other...you would think the chances of a 5 beating a 4 seed are pretty good...he said historically the 4 seed has beaten the 5 seed TWO THIRDS of the time!...not good...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
zman said:
Another thing and not to dampen the excitement...Sandy Clough was talking on the fan the other...you would think the chances of a 5 beating a 4 seed are pretty good...he said historically the 4 seed has beaten the 5 seed TWO THIRDS of the time!...not good...
Sandy Clough is so arrogant and negative, I can't listen to him complain anymore

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
TheBiggestChub said:
they suck. 1st rd out in 5 or 6
Would that be any different than the past 7 seasons?

Melo got them out of the first round ONCE

Simply saying "they suck" clearly demonstrates you don't watch basketball very often :D

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Weezy said:
TheBiggestChub said:

Simply saying "they suck" clearly demonstrates you don't watch basketball very often :D
Yeah! What Lil Wayne said!

"Have a take, don't suck." Saying someone sucks, is NOT take! ;)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
TheBiggestChub said:
So status quo from the last 6 out of 7 years...at least the style they play doesnt suck like the two man game that Billups and Smello played...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Weezy said:
TheBiggestChub said:

Yeah! What Lil Wayne said!

"Have a take, don't suck." Saying someone sucks, is NOT take! ;)
Hey, no name calling!!! :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Weezy said:
zman said:
TheBiggestChub said:
So status quo from the last 6 out of 7 years...at least the style they play doesnt suck like the two man game that Billups and Smello played...
Passing is a glorious thing!
Case in point...about 6 weeks ago the 108 -103 home loss to Houston at the Pepsi Center...

Smello 50 points and ZERO assists!....I guess no one was open...probably stopped moving because they new the ball wasnt coming back unless they rebounded a Smello miss!

And playing defense and out rebounding teams...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Nugs will be fine in the playoffs.
What he said!...hell I marked the title off months ago just after the trade...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
hobiecat said:
zman said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Nugs will be fine in the playoffs.
What he said!...hell I marked the title off months ago just after the trade...
I know...I still can't believe you bet me a $1000 dollars that the Nuggets would win the title..and take the Lakers down in four... :eek:
Yeah I stole the 2 $500 bills out of the Monopoly game and Diane didnt even notice...but I dont think I am losing...I am saying there's a chance!...want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
zman said:
Weezy said:
zman said:
TheBiggestChub said:
Passing is a glorious thing!
Case in point...about 6 weeks ago the 108 -103 home loss to Houston at the Pepsi Center...

Smello 50 points and ZERO assists!....I guess no one was open...probably stopped moving because they new the ball wasnt coming back unless they rebounded a Smello miss!

And playing defense and out rebounding teams...
Perfect example listed above

Then Melo tweets after the game "can I trade 50pts for a win?"

Lol - well Melo, we can trade you for some players who pass, play defense and hustle on both ends of the floor. Which generates multiple wins ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts