Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Wolford to catch some kokes with a couple friends, was the only one to get skunked there. Pissed off and went to Green Mt to slay some small lakers. Was the only one that didn't hook up any fish until this one hit at 50 FOW on a crawdad colored tub jig. Took me about 10 minutes to get it out using 6 lbs test line. A quick measured was made (30 inches) and also some pictures were taken before letting it go. Since I am not a C&R guy, it did not feel right for me to release it. That honor went to kokaneeking who took his time to revived the fish before let it swim away. After that big fish, we moved to another spot and slayed the 16-20 in lakers. Sory to say those were not the lucky ones. Now I need to get a 10 pounds plus walleye to complete my fresh water conquest list. Zman, if you happen to view this post, check out the hottest hoodie in the latest fashion.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Trout the size of a skateboard. Gotta love that.

GOOD JOB. And you get 1,000+ bonus cool points for cutting it loose. Eat little fish all day, big fish are genetic gold mines.

You got some karma in the bank on that one.

Cheers!

SS

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Love the fish. Sweater is almost as cool...

I'm going up after Lakers this week... hope to get into a nice one like that!!!

And thank you very much for the release. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Man. I hate you, :biggrin1:

In one ice season you catch a monster pike and a 30" laker. You must be livin right. Congrats!

And thanks for letting the legends swim.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Great fish, not too many of those big ones in GM, good on you for releasing. Were the kokes at Wolford silver or spawners? I would love to get the silver ones there dialed in.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nice job, a good example of how the fisherman can make a difference in fisheries management. Despite the CPW officer going around and telling everybody to get them all out of there and despite your instinct to keep the fish, We instead have a trophy that lives on. Should have not shown the background though, now some fisherman are going to show up in your spot!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great fish, not too many of those big ones in GM, good on you for releasing. Were the kokes at Wolford silver or spawners? I would love to get the silver ones there dialed in.
We were after the silver kokes at Wolford. It would help if you have a jigging machine to draw them in and a super quick reflex to set the hook since the bites were light and quick. Or may be I lost a step on my reflection in my old age. That could be the explanation on the skunk there. Good luck on your quest to dial in the silver ones there.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Damn, Hiep! Sweet fish. There is no doubt this is your year. That 10# walleye is in your future.
I highly doubt anyone will be able to find that spot,..and even if they do,.they will be lucky to come within 100yards of it. Then they have to catch fish,..which at that lake, catching a 22 plus inch fish is not something one does there very often. Again,..great fish, nice girth,..and even better release.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Hiep, will have to start that hoodie on fire the next time I see you!...that doesnt look like your usual stellar walleye from creek?!...nice bigun and an even better release!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I think I'm good luck was with you when you got the pike and yesterday when you got that nice laker I'm glad the laker was released they take a long time to get that big

1 - 20 of 34 Posts