Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,434 Posts
there is an idea floating around about a way of funding CPW that I think would do the job. that is passing a tire tax in Co of $1.00 per tire. if you have 4 tires on your car or truck it would cost you $4.00 per year. most people in Co have at least 8 tires some have 14 to 20 tires, at that kind of income for the CPW they could cut a lot of fees to be more affordable. they need to find a way before we cant afford to hunt, fish, or camo.

· Registered
9,434 Posts
there is an idea floating around about a way of funding CPW that I think would do the job. that is passing a tire tax in Co of $1.00 per tire. if you have 4 tires on your car or truck it would cost you $4.00 per year. most people in Co have at least 8 tires some have 14 to 20 tires, at that kind of income for the CPW they could cut a lot of fees to be more affordable. they need to find a way before we cant afford to hunt, fish, or camo.
Ed
this is not a tax on just the sportsman. this is a tax on every car, truck, bus, trailer or eighteen wheeler that is registered in Colo. each year. that would mean a very much bigger budget for the CPW it would take the burden off the sportsman to fund the CPW. I know for a fact that they are right now looking where they can increase their income. the first thing that cane up was to eliminate the free senior license, and increase the license fee for hunting and fishing and eliminate some of their programs that don't pay for themselves. another thought is to put a daily launch fee on every ramp in the parks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.