Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antero fished okay the last couple of days. The starting temp Tues was -12 and was 20 today. We fished the Green Lake area for the most part. We fished small tubes with waxies. My friend, Scott, flew out to ice fish for the first time and he did well. We also stopped by Elevenmile for a couple of hours and got nada. The ice we were on was 4 inches and 2 days old at Elevenmile. The ice at Antero was 7 inches where we fished.

Scott's first fish through the ice

This Rod/Reel/Holder went bye bye on a fish a few moments later

My largest fish of the trip

A pair of coyotes were moving in on us near night fall

Scott's first fish of the second day

A 19 inch cuttbow for Scott

Ice formation on Antero at a pressure ridge

Stomach contents photo with Scuds

Cool shot - Hopefully not an omen

Antelope on the way to Elevenmile

Scott on 4 inches of fresh 2 day old ice at Elevenmile

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great pictures and good job for the newbie! Those look like some nice trout. Sorry you lost a rig! It's been known to happen there :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shutupandfish said:
Thanks for the report! And btw, no mysis shrimp in the picture of the stomache contents, just scuds....
Can someone educate me - what is the difference between a mysis shrimp and a scud? I always thought they were the same thing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never mind. I googled it. I have never seen a mysis shrimp. I guess this blows my cover. Believe it or not, I don't do much fly fishing ;)

Scud

Mysis Shrimp

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Great pictures and post. Where'd your friend fly in from? Think I'll wait till that 4 inches at that spot gets thicker.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scott came in from my hometown of Visalia, CA in the San Joaquin valley between Fresno & Bakersfield. He had a great time and a great adventure.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
TheFishin6 said:
Scott came in from my hometown of Visalia, CA in the San Joaquin valley between Fresno & Bakersfield. He had a great time and a great adventure.
CALIFORNICATION!!!! noooooooo------ :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts