Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit Anterihole for the 2nd time in 6 days. 4-5 solid inches everywhere. Saw guys out in the middle. We fished both ends of dam including right near the outlet. Bronco, his son "King Cole", Johnny O and I fished from 730am till 430pm. Gorgeous freekin day never a cloud in the sky, basically calm wind, never wore gloves. We ended up with 27 trout, most from 14-18". A couple 19s, and King Cole landed the biggest a 5.5 lb Bow at 3pm. We missed the same amount, really it was pretty slow, with the lack of giants and big numbers. I blame the near full moon. ;D

Had some big Crows hanging out with us on the ice for a couple hours, and the white weasel made an appearance on the dam rocks.
Strangely, the Crows showed up the same time as Dave M (Goon) did! He tore em up for awhile also.

All in all, another spectacular day in SP. Hurry, it won't last forever!

So for all u idiots on the FishExploiter, YES the ice isthickefuggingnuff! ;D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
King Coles fish was sweet! Glad Bronco didn't mess up the landing, I know I was nervous just watching!

Couldn't of asked for a better day ice-fishing, except for me screwing the pooch on my biggest of the day, but I'll blame it on 1st ice jitters ;D

Bring sunscreen if anyones going this week, it's bright out there!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ice is best used for bourbon rum and chilling beer, walking around on it and punching littles holes in it is why I’m in Florida, although those are some pretty Antero “Piggies” and yes they do taste better from cold water.
They’re still not as tasty. as pike!
Bill

·
Registered
631 Posts
Beast! That belly is huge, wonder what it's been eating besides your jig. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts