Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from about 8 until 3 with Daredevil and Slayer. Action was pretty good Daredevil was hooking up fairly regurarly , he must of already had 6 or more before I caught my first one. Once I found the right combo of jigs the action was pretty good the rest of the day.; also the action really picked up for us once we seperated ourselves from the pack ;D less competition from other anglers and a quite spot w/o augers running every min. ;D Caught some nice ones with one pushing 23". There was quit a few forum memebers there. I bumped into Riverrunner., mikinak and noticed rvinson in his rover ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dam, that looks cold Trout! Nice fishies :)

The ice mecca capital of Colorado looks to be on a role - I will have to get you back on the fly rod, so that you can start catching some bigger ones! Haha ;D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Trout said:
Fished from about 8 until 3 with Daredevil and Slayer. Action was pretty good Daredevil was hooking up fairly regurarly , he must of already had 6 or more before I caught my first one. Once I found the right combo of jigs the action was pretty good the rest of the day.; also the action really picked up for us once we seperated ourselves from the pack ;D less competition from other anglers and a quite spot w/o augers running every min. ;D Caught some nice ones with one pushing 23". There was quit a few forum memebers there. I bumped into Riverrunner., mikinak and noticed rvinson in his rover ;D
Are you willing to share what jigs were working? Any bait like meal/wax worms used? I've been to Antero a few times but I just don't know what to use, any advice on what works would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
me and my brother were there yesterday and today , lake1177 jclay and mac man also were there today we didnt have much luck with trout but we all slayed the kokes

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
catfishking said:
me and my brother were there yesterday and today , lake1177 jclay and mac man also were there today we didnt have much luck with trout but we all slayed the kokes
good lord son!!! you love them kokes!!!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
there good smoked most were in decent shape i have a friend who takes them , hes 70 years old and cant get out much so he takes them

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm jealous of all these Antero reports today. I wanted to go, but just couldn't get away. Hopefully on of these weekends in December I'll make it up that way. Nice job everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts