Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap Batman! Fishing was pretty slow Saturday but the day was not without excitement and those who were there on Saturday know what Im talking about!
I have never felt the ice shift that much! Between my girlfriend and I we managed 8 fish ranging from 12-20 inches, all released.. Kasty's, genz worms and tubes were used.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Boy, you aren't kidding. I am used to the cracking and popping, but when the ice moves like it did...major pucker! I've ice fished for 40 years, and I can't ever remember the ice shifting that much.
I did about as well as you. 6 fish between 12"- 19". I've had much better days there.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
jamiehughes said:
it was like that a couple of times today as well....with a little bit of water coming up thru those cracks...pretty thick ice already tho..
How did you do?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yea Slimer, was out there too and was pretty disgusted. Kids around and all. Not cool at all. :mad: Nature is great to share with a loved one, but not like that.

Other than that, had a great SLOOWW day. We only got two, a 16 that was released and a 22 6lber that is going to make Superbowl a feast :D The ice was crazy loud but that made it more entertaining.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Andy I wasn't there, but from all the reports I heard, that lady may as well have made the front page of the post with her performance.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Well, if the ice house is snoring... well, you can at least laugh!

We fished Tarryall a few years ago and the ice literally jumped about 6" - sun was already down and stars were out - no wind and the ice was sloshing out of the holes! Too cool! (Fishing was hot too!)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I was out there last year on the early ice, 4". When we heard what sounded like the echo of a gun shot. We looked toward the direction it came from and watched as chards of ice flew in the air. It literally came right in between the feet of a friend, and made it's way toward the boat ramp.

The end result was a 3" wide gap in the ice right in my buddies hole. He thought it was so funny he even did a little trolling in it! :D

I know it's not a very good example of safe practice on ice, but we had fun with it.

I was out there 11/27. Covered a lot of water. It was nice the ice was clear enough to see where the weedlines were, so it saved us from drilling lots of holes. I think it also made the fish spooky. Our best spot was out in the middle of the lake. My girlfriend out fished us all with 7, and she broke off 3.

I asked her after the first on e broke off if she had checked her drag. She said she did but after breaking 2 more off,, I told her she was using 4# instead of 6#. Then she got all heated at me for not saying something sooner.

I endedup with 6 biggest was 18" not nearly as healthy as years past.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts