Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about heading to antero or the mile this week, what are the conditions like? Is there a ton of snow on the ice or has it blown away?

I tried to go to San Isabel on Sunday befor the game, but when I got there, there was over 2' of snow on the lake so I would stay away from there for a while.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We were at 11 Mile Sunday afternoon. We were near Witchers Cove and was between 5 and 10 inches depending on where you were. Was alot of blowing snow on the reservoir so deeper in some places than others. Had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive to get out because of the drifts with the blowing snow. No idea about Antero. Hope that helps... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Silly question: Is there ever anytime in which you get slush on Antero or Eleven mile like what happens on Granby? I know the cause is due to snow melting on top of the ice and more snow on top of that == slush; just curious how often one might see that? I would like to try icing down there, not sure if I need a snowmobile or if the atv would work?

:-\

·
Registered
910 Posts
I haven't seen slushy conditions like I hear about on Granby, though I've had water coming up out of my hole because of the weight of the snow.

You can't use sleds or atv on mile or antero unless you have a permit. I assume for old and handicapped.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There was uniform coverage of 4-5" of snow on 11 Mile yesterday morning when I arrived. The wind kicked up in the afternoon and it probably all ended up in Witchers. There were a lot of bald spots as I walking off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
fischer said:
You can't use sleds or atv on mile or antero unless you have a permit. I assume for old and handicapped.
Thank you kindly Fischer, that's good to know!
Note to self: leave the ride home

1 - 7 of 7 Posts