Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado Fishermen (and women) had their day on the ice today on the north side of the north boatramp.  The concensus seems to be pink/white ratsos/ratfinkies tipped with wax/mealworm.  What a fun day...even tho I caught the Le Pew.  badanimuls reeled in two fish (see below), my bro colonative caught himself a trophy mount, and there were many other beautiful picks.  As honorable mention  >:D, although I did not see the fishie in person, all of us saw Coloradokid's 10lber on camera.  Me and bad hung out in Z's hut for awhile with the carbon monoxide heater made us see 2" fish.  Z made 1000s of cheddar brats which bad and I promptly tried as bait j/k.  Anyhoo, just as the bf/Harbor Seal/something else I can't remember, made us lovely hot chocolate (which bad proceeded to confiscate)...she divorced me and took off with the z.  I called her a beatch  >:D ;D ;)  She still took the hot chocolate. 

Here are some pics:

As always, a fun day for all.  Enjoyed meeting up with old friends and new.  Thanks for a great group!

I did put tags on these but they did not come out ( and now I can't see the pics) but I believe it was longdraw, dbm, dbm's friend Jon (?), kodiak (no longer a virgin icer), badanimuls (never a virgin but a virgin to Antero - good job) and colonative...I'm a dumbazz.  colonative's monster at the end is 23", 7-1/2 to 8 lbs.  A beauty trophy for sure.

FUN FUN FUN

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention and this is my way bad...Z is the ultimate gentleman...Z cooked us a lovely lunch of cheddar brats with h'oedvers (sp?) of Pringles.  No wonder bad left me for Z - she eats alot   ;D  I am, on the other hand, a chipmunk.  Z also graciously moved the whole f'n tent because bad "batted her eyelashes" at him (I don't have any).  Anyhoo, I'm a joker - don't take anything I say with a grain of salt except for the true things - your call.   ;D >:D  Many other people were bringing them in but I don't have pics from them.  

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Awesome!! Looking forward to reading the other reports

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
What a wonderful day folks.  I am serious when I say that this was one of the funnest ice trips I have made.  There have been days when more fish were caught, but the looks on people's faces(3: DBM, Jon, Nicole) when I witnessed thier personal best trout, or first iced fish...  absolutely priceless.  I love to see people catching fish, and today was a great day for it.   Good job kOd for breaking your cherry.  A sincere thanks to everyone who showed and helped make this a grat day, it was good to see ya!  Can't wait 'till next time.

Jon

Some other info:  

Fished in ~13FOW
DBM & his buddies fish both took pink ratfinkies tipped with Berkeley Honey Worms while jigging.  Mine was on a pink/white tube tipped with a Power Maggot in pink deadsticked(almost another superman slide!).

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks longdraw! what a day! It was the same as last Sunday when we had to shed clothes as the day warmed.

Oh yeah...guess bad won't be posting to the anti-Antero thread now ;D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great day. We went to Boyd instead, in search of perch, only getting a couple. The 1st pic is a GREAT looking fish! Its always nice when the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks hobie! I really wish you could have been there, as well as several others I bet. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What a great day at antero no wind! I would have ended up with 6 but 4 got off 2 broke the line and 2 got away at the hole. It was great meeting some more members from the forum.

·
Registered
656 Posts
WOW,  what a complete blast!!!!  You all are the best!!!  Longdraw--shoot, I think you could drop a line in a swimming pool and haul out a monster!!  Thanks for coming to my rescue when I called you!!!    Colonative--Congrats my friend,  nice catch indeed, will be a beautiful mount. dloring :D--you are an absolute hoot you little chipmunk you, it was fun sharing the hut-o-hags with you. Le't do it again soon! We really should have sunk a brat!! :D kOdiak---I told you it was fun!!!!  I was so happy to see you with your first cold one!  DBM, have you ever not caught one??  (btw, I seem to remember a post about me being able to produce a fish??)  SilentLight--a nice surprise to see you off of the river and visiting a lake, you should really try it more!  Coloradokid--thanks for coming to the hut and showing me your pic of your whopper,  very cool!!!!!  dloring's BF,  shoot you really are a harbor seal, I think I heard you a mile away...that was you and not dloring, right??   ;)  Jeff from Monument, it was good to meet you and fish next to you, sorry if me and Deb were a bit loud in the hut! And last but not least---Zman, :) what can I say???  You rock!!  What an awesome day I had because of you!!!!  Sorry we missed our turn cuz I was gabbing, dang if we would have gotten there 30 minutes earlier, well who knows, right??  I know you had a hog on, shame it broke your line...I believe you would have done great, if not for us girls----------you built the hut for us, you moved the hut for us, you cooked for us, you drilled for us, and you served us pringles.!! (you are right dloring, I DO eat alot) Z, you taught me, and yes, I listened, you provided for me, you drove for me, and you filleted for me...Quite the host for sure.  Most of all you believed in me!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you so much for putting this together. :D And to everyone else that was there, it was great to meet you all !!  We really have to do this again very soon.  Thanks for a fantastic day.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
here is a small vid of colonative and his biggun. Can you feel the excitement! The fish looked way bigger in person I didn't want to get to close. Great job bro!

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Dloring you are a sweetheart...i only caught the one trout! LOL but i like the two pictures of it! ;D I had a a blast you guys....Mark (Colonative thanks for buying all the scoops for the gang!) Mark (Ztroutman) thanks for cooking those dogs! :) What a great 1st experiance ice fishing! Moony Thanks for everything...I had a blast riding up there with you and Waterfowler...I'm looking forward to going ice fishing next week! :)
Colonative....that was a HAWG of a fish! Nice way to end the day! ;) :)

Here are a couple more photos

The Gang....

Moony & Waterfowler!

Haven't kept a fish in quite awhile...this is going to be a great dinner!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
First off, big thanks to colonative for hooking up the banner.  I wouldn't have even tried to find everyone in that sea of huts had it not been for the sign I could see from the road.  It is very appropriate that he caught the trophy of the group today   ;)  Beauty!!!..  And sweet video Rad wish I waited around to see it caught.

I couldn't find a spot at the boat ramp when I got there, so I drove to the top of the hill and hiked down the hill and at least a mile from there.  For my bad luck and broken back I was rewarded with the biggest trout of my life...  26" long 19" girth and weighed 10.5 lbs on my bass pro spring scale.  I honestly didn't think this fish was going to fit through my 8" hole but thankfully it just barely made it.

Gus thinks he looks tasty!

I'll be getting this one mounted, probably by the guy Don in Denver suggested.  

It was really nice meeting all of you today, hopefully next time I will get over there earlier and actually be able to wet a line  :D

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Damn Coloradokid that is a HAWWWWWWG!!! Nice fish brotha! Nice meeting u today! We gotta go fishing here soon! :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts