Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I will be making our maiden voyage to Antero in the middle of June. Neither of us have ever been there but we both love the pics/reports. We will be in my small 12 ft aluminum boat. We usually troll and stop every now and again to toss some lures when one of us gets a wild hair. We understand about the wind and our go to plan (as always) is to head for the nearest shore and pull everything to safety if/WHEN weather dictates.

Guys, we need some pointers since this will be our first time at Antero, any advice at all is greatly appreciated. We will report back hopefully with pics of bended rod and oversized trout!!

d

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
By July Antero will prob. be pretty over run with weeds... Personally i wouldnt troll... I'd move around fishing any gaps i could find in the weeds.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i would go somewhere else in that area. spinney elevenmile etc. Every swingin dick has been fishing that lake the last couple years and its not nearly as good as it was 4-5 years ago to be quite honest. There are big fish in there still Im sure but they're not nearly as prevalent as they used too.
Good luck though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts