Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Antero on Thursday Jan. 6th to the south side dam area, and when we got there, bunch of open water! Forget the augers and ice poles, just bring your regular poles and fish from the shore, ;D. Next time we go, we are just going to fish from the shore near the dam and see what happens, maybe bring a canoe as well.

We drove over to the north side and started fishing around 10am or so, I caught 4-5 and so did my cousin, had 2 get off and missed a few others, kept 2 for the smoker. Nothing really big. Around 1pm or so the bite just stopped, nothing at all. We ended up leaving around 3:30pm. Also the weather was awesome, no wind and warm day, didn't use our ice tent at all.

They were hitting a little bit of everything, caught 1-2 on garlic powerbait, others on jigs tipped with whole earth worms, and a pink paddlebug with a meal worm worked as well.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wow! That's the spot I walked out on about 4 weeks ago. That's crazy stuff to be happening in January. All this open water and no snow business should be good for the oxygen levels though. The weeds might be real bad come summer though if they don't die off over the winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts