Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit antero today fishing was alot slower then tuesday but still managed to catch six...very windy n typical south park crowded lol....now to making sure your doors are locked issue....I was moving around alot n forgot to lock my doors once I left my fly bag n rod case in the back seat because I was using a lanyard....when I was packing up it was gone so beware out there everyone I lost my fly gods digital camera n other material. Good luck n be safe out there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Sorry man thats pathetic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
I don't know why but Antero seems to attract thieves. A friend of mine who frequently camps at the lake had a guest who left his rod in his pontoon straight down from the campsite. They went in for lunch and when they returned the rod was gone. Another buddy of mine had his outboard stolen there last summer but fortunately they caught the bad guys.
I'm sure all these thiefs have their licenses and abide by all of the other rules and regulations......NOT!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
these lowlifes know that your car or truck is most likely going to be there for awhile unattended.they especially like to hit trailheads.sorry to hear about this.i have never been hit thank god.i use to bring a lot of gear with me not anymore.if i cant carry it i will leave it at home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
Wonder where you can buy those exploding money dye things banks use...and say leave a tackle bag in the back of your truck..see a guy fishing with a green face!...bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaa...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Thieves are everywhere now days...especially in the back woods.
Two years ago I was turkey hunting in San Juan National Forest.
I walked back to my camper for lunch and a nap.
As I approached I heard a vehicle coming up the road so I stepped into the shadows, pulled up my face mask and stood motionless across the road from my truck waiting for the vehicle to pass.
I'm standing there in full camo, the car stopped and a guy and a chick get out and start walking around my truck and camper and looking in the windows.
The guy then goes back to the car and comes back to my camper with a hammer and a big screwdriver and proceeds to take aim on my camper door.
I had been standing there for about 3 or 4 minutes watching them, 20 feet away and they did not see me.
When I stepped out of the woods in full camo with a shotgun and said " What are you doing?" they just about shat their drawers!
Both of them turned pale and the guy said he was having car trouble and he was going to knock on the camper to see if there was someone inside to help.
I asked them if they were planning on using the hammer to knock.
I told them I had been standing there watching and there did not seem to be a problem with their vehicle when they pulled up. The guy said "C'mon, I think it's running better " and they jumped into the car and took off.
I got the plate # and turned it in to the Archuleta County Sherriff.
Obviously they were going to rip me off...sherrif said since no crime actually occurred, they couldn't do much, but that they would run the plate and keep an eye out for them in the future.
I can still see the look on their faces when I stepped out of the woods.
I had alot of valuable stuff in my camper, binos, fishing gear and some other treasure....I would have hated to lose that stuff. I'm glad I showed up when I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Awful.

Anteroman said:
I don't know why but Antero seems to attract thieves.
I think it's because pretty much anything goes at Antero, and therefore it attracts a different sort of clientele than a place like Spinney. Implementation of Spinney regs at Antero might help funnel them to Elevenmile. Not to mention making the Antero shoreline have less trash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
That does stink about the thieves. Sorry you had to deal with that. I always thought there was a code of ethics amongst fellow anglers in Colorado....sadly, I guess not! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I don't think these thieves are necessarily the fishing folks we think they are. My guess is they are looking to feed their habits. Kind of sux to think your hard earned money went for crap to get high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
jewelosorts said:
That does stink about the thieves. Sorry you had to deal with that. I always thought there was a code of ethics amongst fellow anglers in Colorado....sadly, I guess not! :mad:
That's always been my understanding...doubt the thief was much of a fisherman.....prowlin around the lot. Nonetheless, keep the doors locked.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Thumper said:
Thieves are everywhere now days...especially in the back woods.
Two years ago I was turkey hunting in San Juan National Forest.
I walked back to my camper for lunch and a nap.
As I approached I heard a vehicle coming up the road so I stepped into the shadows, pulled up my face mask and stood motionless across the road from my truck waiting for the vehicle to pass.
I'm standing there in full camo, the car stopped and a guy and a chick get out and start walking around my truck and camper and looking in the windows.
The guy then goes back to the car and comes back to my camper with a hammer and a big screwdriver and proceeds to take aim on my camper door.
I had been standing there for about 3 or 4 minutes watching them, 20 feet away and they did not see me.
When I stepped out of the woods in full camo with a shotgun and said " What are you doing?" they just about shat their drawers!
Both of them turned pale and the guy said he was having car trouble and he was going to knock on the camper to see if there was someone inside to help.
I asked them if they were planning on using the hammer to knock.
I told them I had been standing there watching and there did not seem to be a problem with their vehicle when they pulled up. The guy said "C'mon, I think it's running better " and they jumped into the car and took off.
I got the plate # and turned it in to the Archuleta County Sherriff.
Obviously they were going to rip me off...sherrif said since no crime actually occurred, they couldn't do much, but that they would run the plate and keep an eye out for them in the future.
I can still see the look on their faces when I stepped out of the woods.
I had alot of valuable stuff in my camper, binos, fishing gear and some other treasure....I would have hated to lose that stuff. I'm glad I showed up when I did.
Too bad you weren't bowhunting, you could have blunted him! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Yeah that deff sucks. The other day I couldn't find one of my fly rods and had thought it was stolen. I jumped to conclusions too soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank u my fellow anglers it did ruin my day but karma will follow...
The biggest number about this is some photos on my digital cam weren't uploaded to my cam..something that isn't replaceable..... well tight lines guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Even though I hate noisy accidently set-off car alarms, I ALWAYS set my system on when leaving the car in the woods or boat ramp.

Now, if I could figure out a way to run a couple hundred volts thru it..........
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top