Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry, Dad, and me fished this morning between 7-10am. Dad and I each had a bite and Jerry lost one. Moved a few times. Was in 10-15 feet of water. Didn't even use ice huts. Was about 15 other anglers out by south boat ramp/dam are. About 15 anglers on north side area. 11 inches of ice. Cleats are a must. Did the Colorado Dow stock the lake this year like the past couple years? Is it the kokanee eggs or the clear ice? Too much pressure? Second time out there and the same results. Everyone was moving around out there today. Might try Elevenmile tommorrow. :mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yup Antero has turned to garbage... Over fished? different breed of rainbows / not growing? WHO KNOWS
You would have to be a bad man to find consistent big trout out there as of right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe it's that 99 times you went ice fishing last year. LOL

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on Brobri, I only went 43 times last winter. Already 4 trips this winter. Cheaper than skiing and I'd rather eat fish than eat snow!! ;D

·
Registered
262 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Jerry, Dad, and me fished this morning between 7-10am. Dad and I each had a bite and Jerry lost one. Moved a few times. Was in 10-15 feet of water. Didn't even use ice huts. Was about 15 other anglers out by south boat ramp/dam are. About 15 anglers on north side area. 11 inches of ice. Cleats are a must. Did the Colorado Dow stock the lake this year like the past couple years? Is it the kokanee eggs or the clear ice? Too much pressure? Second time out there and the same results. Everyone was moving around out there today. Might try Elevenmile tommorrow. :mad:
It's gotta be the eggs. Same thing when the scuds go mobile in January ... too much food. Folks on north shore doing well ... not as many kokanee around I figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts