Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you love it when other anglers move right in on you? ??? Me and Jerry were fishing between 7:30-9:30am. Tried by the north shore boat ramp, no one was in that area. Had out 1 bait pole and tried casting with tubejig, Rapala, and Woolly Bugger on a air bubble on the other pole. One group moved right in on us then another, now that area was packed. Can't even imagine the weekend. So we moved down by the dam where no one was. All we had to show was one bite. :'( Didn't see any caught either. One guy was in a pontoon boat, that didn't look like any fun. Wind was blowing hard and getting worse. Feet went numb in the waders. Lake is still 60-70% ice covered. I'll be happy when boat seasons here. Or better yet beaver pond or high country lake season because most people are to lazy to walk that far.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I'd imagine that with the warm temps and high winds forecast for today and tomorrow, there will be a lot more open water for this coming weekend. Probably a lot more people, too.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
You musta looked like you knew what you were doing! ;D Imagine how crowded it would get if you started catching! :)

·
Registered
16,529 Posts
The crowds kinda suck at A-town,I mean Antero. Thats why I usually do 11-mile. Fish just as big or bigger. Maybe a little harder to find, but usually dont have that metro mentality-

·
Registered
161 Posts
The 11 Mile Marina is reporting the bite to be off as well....maybe the wind/weather? I'm ready for a break from this nasty wind we have been having. I'm surprised you had the crowds you did on a Thursday, during the day. Well, maybe next week will be better. Thanks as always for the report. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i took my son up 3-31-11 got ther late fished from 5:30 to 7:00pm on north side caught 4 nice fish all about 17in. had a good time put them all back to get a little bigger my youngest son still doesn't get the release part of it but he has the catch part figured out lol

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must of been an evening bite, bucknstuff! This wind is really starting to get old. When we left, you could barely stand up straight. Think I'll stick to Elevenmile or Spinnney. I'll go to Antero if Dad wants to take the boat. Has anyone heard an opening date for the Pikes Peak lakes yet??

W

·
0 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Must of been an evening bite, bucknstuff! This wind is really starting to get old. When we left, you could barely stand up straight. Think I'll stick to Elevenmile or Spinnney. I'll go to Antero if Dad wants to take the boat. Has anyone heard an opening date for the Pikes Peak lakes yet??
Unless hell freezes over they should open on May 1. Unless of course there's some mystery CSU ice on N Cat that refuses to thaw. :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
man that sucks you got moved in on. im glad i look and act like a serial killer so no one comes near me. lol. i beleive that lake will get a hook in someones head bc of how close they fish to others this year. watch. arses to elbows at that lake on certain days....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts