Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
antero res just got up there and there was a tun of poeple on shore. this was at 5 am. i got my belly boat out there and caught the carp out them on size 2 woolly bogger with a brown trout color and they were all over it. my second fly was a muddler minnow and they did not seem to eat it so i switched back to the woolly bugger and got 2 more then the wind picked up to about 20-30 mph and i got off and just about all the shore fisherman were gone and on the jetty area about 500 yards out i got a monster bite and the water balloon just plumited and it ended up snapping 0x leader that was a big fish next week i m going to get there earlyer and start out right there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
antero has a lot of leeches to but most of them are by the south shore and along the south side. the woolly bugger i tied had a tunstun cone head and i marked it with a green sharpe and last monday i caugth a 20 incher off that. size 4 egg sucking leeches in black is working the best on no wind days. in the next 2 -4 weeks the midge will be back and i will be there every day for that. once it gets in mid summer i go to spinney antero sucks the water temp gets to high and to many people keep there limit. if the DOW would change the limit to what spinney has i think that lake would be killer your adveage fish there now is about 16"-18" but if they put 1 fish over 20" the adveage fish would be 20" because those 17 and 18 inch fish will have to be throw back macking more fish and bigger fish just like when it open back in 2007 when Frank Stack caught his 28.5" 18.8lbs cutbow. i think if it goes fly and lure only then that lake would be the best lake to fish in colorado. :) if we make it that way what do you think?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I can buy fish to eat at almost any store that sells meat, but I can't find a place that allows me to catch but release big fish all day long. It's a great idea, one that makes sense in a day of too many people fishing for the same fish. No fish may be kept unless they are over 30" OR carp.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
It aint happening ever...it is shallow and it winterkills...the DOW aint changing it...see dead horse photo above...

Good report thanks!...

And normally Donald doesnt want catch and release talked about in fishing reports...but he brought it up in his own report...not sure what that doest to the dynamics...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
zman said:
And normally Donald doesnt want catch and release talked about in fishing reports...but he brought it up in his own report...not sure what that doest to the dynamics...
A judge would say "Mr. Bigfisherman, you opened the door. I'll allow the evidence." ;D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
zman said:
It aint happening ever...it is shallow and it winterkills...the DOW aint changing it...see dead horse photo above...

Good report thanks!...

Didnt you retire from being a mod ;D if you want to play forum cop then you need to become redeputized :D

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Trout said:
Didnt you retire from being a mod ;D if you want to play forum cop then you need to become redeputized :D
I can see the new zman bucket list:

"6. Get redeputized as Chief CF Babysitter"

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Doubtful on unretirement...was just a friendly reminder...people stop posting reports when catch and release come up in fishing reports...and I as a poster dont want to see that so most of that is purely selfish...that being said it is my belief that the mods shouldnt have to pick up after the regulars...or the newbies for that matter...just commenting on interesting that the starter of the thread took it that direction to catch and release that is...so in my mind it made it fair game...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts