Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what everyone's take was as far as which side of the lake produces better? I have always fished the south side, but was thinking about hitting the north shore this weekend. However I notice most fish are being caught on the south side. However on the topo map they show gravel pits on the north side. Any info or views would be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I fish both sides and generally catch a few more on the south side ;)

Not a lot of structure at Antero on either side so I'm not really sure that it makes a whole heckuva lot fo difference. Fish seem to be everywhere.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I fished there 2 times and both were the south side... Had good luck though. Most fish we were catching were out of 10' of water and it seems like you can find 10' of water anywhere on the lake...

I am told the deepest spot in the lake is only 14' and half the size of a football field.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I do see a lot more scuds on the north side...If that's possible...But, the north side always seems to be a lot more murky...Most times on the South side I can see the bottom. Most times on the north side I can only see a foot or two down...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
hobiecat said:
I do see a lot more scuds on the north side...If that's possible...But, the north side always seems to be a lot more murky...Most times on the South side I can see the bottom. Most times on the north side I can only see a foot or two down...
On sunday (South Side) we were able to see our ratso down to 6'(Per Marcum) then they dissapeared in the murky water

·
Registered
749 Posts
Done well on both sides,The north has the hill of death and a couple of nice 11' and 12' holes we have caught our bigger fish on the north.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I've been once and it was the North side...and for a first timer last year, I think I did okay. I'm gonna try the South side this weekend though.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There is more fish on the bottom side rather than the top side of the ice :D.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My best fishing on the boat has always been the extreme NW corner of the lake. I've only iced that area once because it's such a ***** to walk to with the hill of death and everything.
I always do fine iceing on the S side, I also don't mind fishing in a crowd.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
clint walker said:
rvinson said:
I fished there 2 times and both were the south side... Had good luck though. Most fish we were catching were out of 10' of water and it seems like you can find 10' of water anywhere on the lake...

I am told the deepest spot in the lake is only 14' and half the size of a football field.
it gets to 18ft by the dam
Thats prob where you can get into allot of fish just before winter kill!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
You go into the South entrance, then take your first right to get to the dam. If you keep going on that road instead of taking that first right you'll get to the South boat ramp and camping area. Best parking and access, and I've had my best luck there despite the crowd.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
albow said:
You go into the South entrance, then take your first right to get to the dam. If you keep going on that road instead of taking that first right you'll get to the South boat ramp and camping area. Best parking and access, and I've had my best luck there despite the crowd.
Oh, yeah? Any pics? Report? I know you're a good fisherman, Alan.....let's see-um! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts