Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 yrs ago my son and I were at Antero when the fish were trying to spawn along the shore. What time of the year does this normally occur.... Needless to say the fishing was unbelievable......
Thanks,
Bill Althoff
Navy Veteran
Naval Security Group, LT, 1969-79

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
2 yrs ago my son and I were at Antero when the fish were trying to spawn along the shore. What time of the year does this normally occur.... Needless to say the fishing was unbelievable......
Thanks,
Bill Althoff
Navy Veteran
Naval Security Group, LT, 1969-79
If you remember what time frame you were at Antero when they spawned, then you would know when they were spawning then. Of course, ice out would affect it a little, but you would have a general time frame to go on.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
There is no perfect answer to your question. To begin with, lake fish have messed up spawn cycles. There are usually at least some fish spawning in those reservoirs every month of the year. I have found rainbows spawning in the Fall before. Conversely, I have frequented the same lake every weekend of Spring before and never seen a spawn of note. Secondly, if there is a notable rainbow spawn this Spring, it will happen whenever the fish damn well please. People who return to the same lake for 20 years find that there is no defined rule or perfect date (mostly ;) ). Lastly, even if it was a hard rule and someone knew the answer, you would get little sympathy as a lurker asking for spawn rape tips. Don't take it personally, just understand and accept the reality.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I doubt bows successfully spawn at Antero anyway. Just going through the motions.
They rarely spawn well except in rivers here in CO. Hammer those bastards while they are spawning and vulnerable. Wont make any difference-

·
Registered
145 Posts
Spawn rape tips, LOL.

There is no perfect answer to your question. To begin with, lake fish have messed up spawn cycles. There are usually at least some fish spawning in those reservoirs every month of the year. I have found rainbows spawning in the Fall before. Conversely, I have frequented the same lake every weekend of Spring before and never seen a spawn of note. Secondly, if there is a notable rainbow spawn this Spring, it will happen whenever the fish damn well please. People who return to the same lake for 20 years find that there is no defined rule or perfect date (mostly ;) ). Lastly, even if it was a hard rule and someone knew the answer, you would get little sympathy as a lurker asking for spawn rape tips. Don't take it personally, just understand and accept the reality.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This here statement is on the money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts