Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard from a reliable source that Antero was stocked with fingerling Tiger Muskies. Sure hope they finally did this? Think how fast and big they would grow there!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That's cool but why would they waste them in a lake that winter kills? A lot of other lakes would be a better choice.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Wasn't there talk about putting aerators in along the dam side also?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
From what I understand, they increased the depth of the lake which should really help with the winter kill. Also, It's never been a full winter kill.. Tigers are tough, I think it's great news... hopefully they keep stocking them for years

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Hopefully they put a minimum size limit on them for harvesting like 75 inches...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well, they'll have enough to eat. :smile:

It will change the whole nature of the place. Instead of one more South Park trout lake it will become a destination for serious fisherman, like North Delaney. Except that Antero isn't in the middle of nowhere. So that's going to increase the appeal of the whole area.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well, they'll have enough to eat. :smile:

It will change the whole nature of the place. Instead of one more South Park trout lake it will become a destination for serious fisherman, like North Delaney. Except that Antero isn't in the middle of nowhere. So that's going to increase the appeal of the whole area.

If a big If, they stock enough

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
This would be way cool if it happens / or happened and like Z man said put some regulations on harvesting them....

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Tiger "Muskie" which is probably why I've heard it included when referring to the fish of 10,000 casts... which is just a saying... not to be taken too literally. :)

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
This would be way cool if it happens / or happened and like Z man said put some regulations on harvesting them....
How about ZERO harvest? And while we're at it, how about none of them thrown onto the bank by dumb ass powerbait trout guys who say "they're eating all the trout!".

I'd be ok with that.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
How about ZERO harvest? And while we're at it, how about none of them thrown onto the bank by dumb ass powerbait trout guys who say "they're eating all the trout!".

I'd be ok with that.
Agree!!!

Zman's 75" minimum harvest is the same as CNR. :cool:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts