Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,760 Posts
i hope antero is opened up soon...ive only fished there once, but had a great day rowing a friend of mine around in a driftboat there. the sorry *%$! caught a rainbow that was over 8lbs that day...and all i got for it was a sore back and some windburn. lakes like that have the bio mass to produce some huge fish in a short amount of time, and it would be the caliber Spinney used to be in the early days if they can keep water in it...

· Registered
2,760 Posts
afishman said:
hey rottal at least he didn't put a hook in your face ;D
yes, true true ;)

I think a lot of those high plains lake run the "cycle" of peaking out after a couple years, then dropping off again. they are pretty hard top manage with the whole sucker/trout/pike combo that seems to keep occuring. hopefully at least if they can keep decent water levels, and one day maybe someone will figure out to handle the sucker issue...until then, hopefully they open it up soon and at least we can enjoy for a few years. as slayer said, "it is what it is..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.