Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any new news on Antero. I know they are making it larger, but when do they plan on reopeneing it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know that they have started refilling it, if you check Denver water's page it's about 30% of capacity. I had heard the rumors that they were going to enlarge it or at least dredge part of it to make it deeper and less susceptible to winter kill, but the last that I heard they didn't do anything other than their dam repair. Hopefully they will get enough runoff this spring to fill it, then the DOW will start stocking it again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From 285 it looks as full as it was in years past. I wonder if they are just going to "overfill" it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't wait. It will take a few years for it to be a good a fishery again, but after a few it will help restore balance to the other lakes along the way.
The pressure on ElevenMile and Spinney will take a toll.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I can't wait until antero is fishable again. By that time I will be in college somewhere in the Denver area (almost certainly the school of mines), and I will be excited to fish some of these lakes you guys talk about. I heard antero was the best out of 11 mile, spinney, and antero for trout fishing, and it allowed bait 8)
later and I hope good news is in store!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, Antero was clearly the leader of the Southpark lakes. No pike though Bear...and I know your a pike guy :) I have shed a few tears since they drained that lake...feel one forming now as I speak of it ;D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked the Denver water site, which actually had updates on Antero. It said the water level is at 99%. Hopefully they will stock and open this year. Those fish used to grow about 4-6 inches a year there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts