Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My son and I fished antero on Wed. Ice at best 5-6 inches less in some area at south ramp. Fishing was very slow, lots of fishermen, few fish. We had several bites, caught one 18 or 19 inches. This is third trip since ice and all were very slow. I believe the glory days of Antero may be coming to an end. Time will tell

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bite has seemed to come back.... Caught and released 5 today. Lost twice as many and had three break the line. Quit counting after 50 that went ;D by the hole. Mostly 14-17 inches. But did have two pigs on the broke the line and one that bent the hook at the hole. They were hitting about everything from taz devels to pink ice jigs. They would come thru in schools of 5 to 8. Best part made have been when two of them came up and hit the silver colored ballist on the underwater camera. I laughed so hard, ::)I lost the fish that hit my lure about the same time. Best day this season so far. The fish were out in 10 to 12 feet next to the weeds. Didn't see much in the shallows. Good luck to those that are bearing that brutal wind. Shelters are a must....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Dude, and ice anchors too! Don't be a 'sliding fisherman' in a wind propelled ice house... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts