Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
   Has anybody heard anything about how Antero is coming along? Last I heard it was filling but the DOW wasn't going to do any stocking until it was full. Thx for any info!

M

·
0 Posts
I was reading in one of the papers that it won't open this year. Water level still too low and the DOW is taking a cautious approach because low water levels create a die-off situation in the winter. I tried looking on the DOW site but couldn't find the info though.

I hope Cheesman opens this year. I'm willing to be there have to be some hold overs from before the fire. There has to be some monsters lurking in there.

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  Thx guys, figured as much but never give up hope I guess, loved that lake!!! I'm heading to 11 mile in the morning for the seasons 1st pike woody so I'll post when we get back!
   Have fun & cya on the water!!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This is the information I got at the DOW roundtable on Antero, its at 35% capacity the DOW will not stock it until it is at 80%. This will not happen until 2007, so its not expected to open until atleast 2007.
Below Antero there is a stretch of water with built up fish habitat where they stocked Hoffers (spelling?) strain of rainbows for testing purposes, this strain of rainbows are suppose to be as resistant as brown trout to whirling disease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts