Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in months ill have a day off during the week so I can fish Chat. Anyone have any reports?

-Jay

·
Registered
35 Posts
was down there last night from 7-9pm. we were fishing from shore off the handicap peer point, caught 2 16" walleyes off the bottom with leeches. also caught 2 more walleyes (14-17") and 4 smallmouth on a blue/silver rattletrap. i also got one walleye (14") slowly jigging a new glow-in-the-dark,, powerbait i think, that sportsmans warehouse had a video goin on of when we were getting leeches. the fella next to us caught 4 walleyes 14-18" and he was basicaaly jigging a leech, with another hook n leech about 1 1/2 feet from the bottom of his line. imma be out there again tonite hopfully and hopfully my buddy lets me borrow the camra so i can post some of the pics on here.

dunno if your shore fishin or not but i hope it helps ya jay

-TF

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Jay

I had heard some good things about the south end...the inlet end...plus it is no wake down there...the shallow weeds down in that end can hold some eyes...not all of them are in the classic deep spots...sometimes it only takes a couple feet change in depth to create an ambush spot for walleyes...dont forget the dam face for smallies if the walleyes dont want to cooperate...

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've been fishing there the past 2 days and have been catching my limit for walleyes. Rangeing from 17"-21". Using a 2 1/2" pearl white tube jig. Trick is they only bite when the sun goes down to about 10:30pm. Try fishing the outlet. It's been very good down there. Last night over probably 30 fish were pulled out there. Give it a chance I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Also lost a big one, I'll be thinking about that for a long time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Fished tonight from 6:30 to 8:00 caught 3 trout and 1 smalleye about 15" still better than watching TV caught most of the fish by the Handicap pier. trolling small crankbaits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts