Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So left the old ladies car out overnight the past few nights, and not sure if it's a cracked block or just still some frozen lines... Anyway, turned it on and it's leaking some fluids from the front of the vehicle. I pulled it into the garage, and put a heater next to it to thaw it out 100%. Hood won't even come out. But, assuming the worst, are there any honda mechanics that can work on a 2003 honda accord without bending me over?

If it's just a simple radiator or hoses I can do it, but if it requires a new engine, I can't.

I'm in Westminster near 92nd and Sheridan.

Rob

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Sounds pretty serious cupcake. Pop the hood open and see where the fluids are coming from. Too much water in the antifreeze mix?

·
Registered
978 Posts
If it's leaking fluid I assume it's hitting the ground, so take your index finger and wipe a little of it up and check the color.....dope.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bassboy said:
If it's leaking fluid I assume it's hitting the ground, so take your index finger and wipe a little of it up and check the color.....dope.
Already did. It's antifreeze. But can't check to see if the oil and antifreeze are mixed until the hood thaws. Do you have a blowtorch?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
bassboy said:
Hahaha he couldn't figure that out!
Robtard

·
Registered
978 Posts
§limer said:
bassboy said:
Already did. It's antifreeze. But can't check to see if the oil and antifreeze are mixed until the hood thaws. Do you have a blowtorch?
You can pour hot water around the edges to thaw it out.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
After thinking about this, I'd think this would be a water pump issue rather than a block, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Still haven't gotten the hood unlatched or popped. Getting ready to take off what I can of the bumper to get up in there without ripping apart the grill. may just say screw it and get the sawzall and rip out enough of the grill. lol Only like a 30 or $40 part.... So haven't even checked fluids. I know once I check fluids will know for sure.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts