Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a project cancel for tomorrow now i have a free day. Is there any ice left tat is safe within an hour pf denver?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Saw a report on 02/07 that a cove in aurora still has 7". It came from a credible source but I wouldn't trust any ice around here with these temps and winds.

You could always try Georgetown or Wellington Lake.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I drove over Cherry Creek yesterday. Wide open.

If I had to guess, even if there is some ice left in the metro, it's probably not real safe.

Be careful out there if you go! :eek:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I didnt figure any would be any good IN metro denver, was hoping that within an hour drive there might be.

might have to grab a spinning rod and a kastmaster and annoy some stocker trout....wait, that sounds awful. damn, it's looking like the basement might get organized.

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
75 degrees tomorrow...break out the open water gear!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
38 Posts
What would you guys think about seamans reservoir or up in red feathers? I think they're almost the same elevation. Maybe the ice has held up better up there or so you guys think it's not worth the drive?
I was on seaman a week ago when it was colder and we had a fresh dusting of snow. The ice was 14" give or take a few. Idk about now with these temps and winds...

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
should still be good, might consider Tarryall or the Mile also!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pikester,
That's a little further than I want to go. But if you think seaman or red feathers should be good then that at least makes me feel better about going

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
it's been a lil colder up there at night, just go with caution and be safe!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I'm going Far East next weekend. It'll be the last ice trip for panfish for me...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fished Red Feathers Dowdy Lake yesterday (Sunday). 12" inches solid ice. Did not see any open water. Caught and released lots of stocker size trout, some real little guys but still fun catching fish. Its a beautiful place to spend a day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts