Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Organized the tackle box and thought about heading to Pueblo Reservoir. Any activity going on? Water temp?

Thanks for any advice,
Castalot

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
You were in the wrong section. When you get moved no worries. When you ask...are you fishin from a boat? Land lover? Follow posts from Riverruner1, Walleye Seeker, loads of southern peeps that fish there. It's early spring H2O temps gonna be low. Go there take a thermo, and tell us temp. What's your target fish? You can get a LOAD of info from this site. Or just git the heck out there n castalot!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about posting in the wrong section. So I'll be fishing from a boat targeting Smallies. Probably throwing something slow like a Senko or jig and pig.

Anyone with recent info?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Live in Pueblo and was out there last Saturday. Water temps are anywhere from the high 40's in the morning to the low 50's in the afternoon. Lake is very full! Lots of submerged brush and lots of floating debris.

Bass have been a little slow. Most I know have been caught on shakyhead presentations. It really should be better with the water temps as they are.

Water clarity gets worse as you head towards the west end.

This time of year, jerkbaits along the bluff walls will always produce at least a walleye or 2..............more if fishing at night.

Small jigs in the brush and maybe a toss of a crankbait or 2 wouldnt hurt either.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i was there water temp just below 49 ish. cold still. debris everywere. sunday landed me some nice walleye. kept one. a friend got a nice bass yesterday on our bday i got skunked. lol. it happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts