Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after fishing georgetown for couple of weekends i decided to venture out to guanella pass and happened upon a set of lakes along the way. the first two were private property but the third one was open to public and was called clear lake. it was frozen solid still but looked like a nice deep mountain reservoir that could hold big trout. anybody fished there? what can i expect on ice off? how big are the fish? any info would be greatly appreciated.

also after finding clear lake. i checked out the satelite imaging of the area and found a fourth lake some way down the path. is this lake fishable? or is this a private property?

G

·
Sook, if you stop at the Georgetown visitor's center, they should be able to provide you with a map (if I remember correctly) of about 7 lakes that are fishable in that area. I'm not sure if they still publish it, but two years ago, they had Georgetown lake (the majority of it) closed off because of some off-road benefit. Clear Lake was on the list, but I don't remember the other lakes. The DOW report lists the lakes above Georgetown for conditions reports. Aside from the normal stocked rainbows, I know there are some browns and brookies in that lake. It's a walk down to the shoreline but I know it is fished regularly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts