Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of some open water I can put a boat on that is in or around Denver? The CO State Parks website states that the boat ramps at Cheery Creek and Chatfield are still closed due to the recent re-icing.

Thanks!
JOE

·
Registered
769 Posts
After calling Larimer County Parks and being assured that Horsetooth was open, I drove
up today to find that all the ramps were iced in and the docks were out of the water.
Looked like about 80% of the lake was iced over. Headed for Carter and it had some
ice around the shore and several big patches of ice floating in various areas of the lake.
There was no ice around the ramps but a sign stating "boat ramp closed". Also, the docks
were out of the water.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I fished horsetooth today with no luck, it definately has plenty of fishable water but no way of getting a boat in. Also stopped by Lon Hagler on the way back and it was ice free too, with the ramp in the water. Saw a dead garter snake there which was strange because it looked fresh, and I didnt know they where out this time of the year, anywho hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.