Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never been a drinker i can recite every drink i ever had and have never been interested in drinking any others out there either those that never drank or those that gave it up and nolonger drink?

L

·
0 Posts
quit drinking 22years ago on my 25 birthday when i parked my car on its roof. figured i was lucky not to have killed myself or any one else. didnt think my luck would hold.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got clean and sober 6+ years ago.Every since my life has been excellent.Now i have only 1 addiction,fishing of course.The great thing about fishing is that the next morning I feel great and i have awsome memories of places that I never would have been to if not for fishing.

lyn

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I quit drinking yesterday and sadly tonight's been a rough night at work...

J/K

FISHING and being in the great outdoors is the ultimate form of being at a higher state.

Right on fellas

T

·
0 Posts
I didn't quit, but I have a drink or two once a month.  I did smoke some of the *stuff.  Drugs and alcohol is not for me.  It makes me paranoid more than that FUNNY/HAPPY FEELING everyone gets.  I can still have fun without all that *stuff.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
isnt it great to remember the fun you had the night or day before i never could understand some of my buddies that drank they would talk about haveing a great time drinking but couldnt remember what they did

glad to here there are a few more out there i was starting to feel lonely

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I dont drink that much anymore either...once in awhile is ok, but honestly i dont even really remember the last time i had a serious drink. I guess the older i get the less it agrees with me...my girlfriend calls me a lightweight, but thats ok, i can handle it the ribbing...plus any alcohol related incident would reek havoc on my job...as with anyone else i guess, but in my case i would lose it all together so it isnt worth it. Plus i still dabble in the military, and they pretty much have a zero tolerance rule anymore in reguards to that sort of issue. either way i dont miss it too much, its expensive and makes me kinda ill...so its no big loss as far as im concerned.

however, i dont have any issues with people that do drink...as long as they dont kill me on the highway or do anything that might otherwise harm my well being..theres nothing wrong with a beer now and then in my book.

F

·
0 Posts
ive been slowing down alot ...Im an extreme kinda guy and when other people drink a beer or two ...im the guy that drinks until its gone .....I havent had a drink since saturday(when I got loaded) ...im shooting for this saturday then Im gonna start another week ....its to hard to get up at 3am and head to a lake when your head is pounding ....and im pretty sure its taken its toll on my liver and kindey's ......so im just gonna concitrate even harder on fishing and family ......and my new thing actually is hot tea ...its a great way to calm down after work, and goes great with all my fishing mags, and books .....

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fishinguitars said:
ive been slowing down alot ...Im an extreme kinda guy and when other people drink a beer or two ...im the guy that drinks until its gone .....I havent had a drink since saturday(when I got loaded) ...im shooting for this saturday then Im gonna start another week ....its to hard to get up at 3am and head to a lake when your head is pounding ....and im pretty sure its taken its toll on my liver and kindey's ......so im just gonna concitrate even harder on fishing and family ......and my new thing actually is hot tea ...its a great way to calm down after work, and goes great with all my fishing mags, and books .....
what kinda hot tea my favorite is the high end green teas the ones with the writing in pinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts