Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome! I love making these big flies. What leader do you guys use? I use toothy critter with great success so far

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking forward to chasing some pike this year with the fly rod. I am new to colorado and have never lived near a fishable population of pike. If any one is looking for some one to chase pike with I would be up for it. Spent a few years chasing muskie with conventional gear and loved every minute of it but sadly I moved out of state.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here is a Tiger I caught this morning.

As far as leaders go I use heavy fluro. This was 80lb. I rarely use steel. Until I start getting bit off I will keep going with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This Rod is a TFO TiCrX. Not my fav normally but I finally got it dialed in. I have Sage One 8 that I like a lot more but under the right line the TFO is pretty darn good. I fish this rod with a RIO Outbound 9. The over line on this rod is critical or it doesn't cast all that well. With the 9wt outbound line the big flies turn over really well.

BC

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I tied a bunch of pike stuff last winter. did not have any luck the couple of times out. Kept getting distracted by trout. but I would love to join someone. Might help keep me from loosing faith and busting out the trout rod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts