Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm moving back to CO next month after a 20 year absence (Army). I'm wanting to hit the water ASAP. Any recommendations on offroad fishing destinations that will not be frozen over? I'm in a lifted FJ80 Land cruiser, fairly capable and equipped but not looking for anything extreme. Do you think Pomeroy will have ice in late March/April and is the trail passable? I'm looking for something along those lines. Preferably within 2 hours of Denver or Boulder. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been back in 20 years. A little nervous to see how my old spots have evolved...... If they're even accessible any more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
It might be July...not letting up...snowiest months yet to come...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Trail damage is a good ass site
Yes it is..
Sure beats the S--T out of "TIM KELLY'S "Colorado and Wyoming Fishing and Hunting Guide" books from the 'old days" LOL!
It was THE BIBLE for fishing info back in the day... especially directions to some of the HIGH Lakes..

I.E. ... " follow dirt road along creek bed from turnoff approx. 4.2 miles; look for a break in the Willows and ford up stream approx 200 yds to another break in the willows.. follow the rough 4 wheel track approx 5.8 miles to a slightly hidden left fork.. Continue left approx. 3.2 miles on the old logging road to the lake..."

It WAS an adventure, to say the least...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think you'll find anything like that in March/April unfortunately but if anyone knows of spots like that I'd love to hear it.

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts