Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be there Aug 4th-8th and want to get some [hopefully secluded] fishing in.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Any suggestions or advice on fishing in the Leadville, Colorado area in Augu

The Arkansas River
Twin Lakes aren't too far
Turquoise Lake

All should be pretty productive for various species of trout. Secluded will be tough that time of year - lots of folks trying to escape the heat.

·
Registered
699 Posts
what do you mean heat man it dont get hot here you wanna talk about heat go to az and fish on a lake like pleasant in august lol cant even touch anything metal it will blister you lol

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Any suggestions or advice on fishing in the Leadville, Colorado area in Augu

azbassernco said:
what do you mean heat man it dont get hot here you wanna talk about heat go to az and fish on a lake like pleasant in august lol cant even touch anything metal it will blister you lol
Yeah...my Dad lives in Mesa. I visited him once in July. He flies out here now.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey ed you workin tuesday night or wednesday morning

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you're willing to hike, there are a bunch of high mountain lakes in the Leadville area. Mostly South-West of L'ville. There'a a hatchery in that area and they've put native Greenback Cutts in many of the mountain lakes. The Greenbacks were nearly wiped out, and they're still on the endangered species list, but if you pinch your barbs down you can catch 'em (and release them). The Arkansas River, south of L'ville has some great trout fishing -- not too many monsters, but excellent catch rates for Browns and some R'bows. By August, the water should be relatively low and clear -- bring the dry flies!

Cheers,
D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

Dry flies on the Arkansas is the bomb in August, the tail waters of Twin Lakes will have high numbers of trout. If fishing the lake (twin lakes) I always have good luck with white marshmellows and salmon eggs in the July-August months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts