Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of purchasing a 2011 Killzone XL 6' x 6' pop up ice hut. They look exactly like the clam 6' x 6' and are a little cheaper. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Killzone products? I would like to hear any comments.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i bought a small killzone last year and although it worked ok, i was disappointed with the quality of the construction in the pole assemblies and the design of the door.

I feel like for similar money I would go with the clam or Eskimo quickfish models. Costco on Sante Fe and Oxford has the Quickfish 4 I believe...

I will say that I caught my first of 2 big lakers in the kill zone tent.. Maybe it was good luck

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Killzone 6'x6' and it seems Ok, I've only used it 3 times. The anchor ropes are about the thickness of shoelaces, definitely need upgrading.
I saw those tents at Costco last week and they do seem nicer. The Pelican sleds were awesome.

Adam

·
Registered
499 Posts
jamiehughes said:
i would bet that ya get what you pay for....at least that is my experience with ice fishing shelters....the clam corp shelters have been really good to me...
I concur. I fish out of a Yukon or Summit depending on where I'm fishing and weather conditions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that responded. I currently have an Eskimo, and will probably stick with that brand or the Clam. It seems if the seams arent constructed with care, the wind really breaks them down. That is where I see most of the wear and tear. That and if the zippers arent strong, they will break too. My buddies Frabill seams fell apart from the wind. It was an older model, I think they make them heavier duty nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts