Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are a few of you out there that hunt, so lets talk turkey... hunting that is. I'm a newbie to turkey hunting and plan on having a shot at it this spring. Anyone else out there going for some spring gobblers this year?

L

·
0 Posts
I used to go every spring to eastern Kansas. Lots of Turkeys, lots of private land. Fortunately I have a friend who's in good with just about everyone in the county so we could hunt almost every where. Here in Colorado I have 6 or 7 points to hunt here. I always planed to hunt out by Bonnie Res. I have hunted up at rampart and always found gobblers, never tagged one though. I probably won't hunt this year as I have some fishing tournaments to attend to, good luck though. Nothing like calling those guys in.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yep -- I hunt unlimited in the spring and limited in the fall.
I do very well in the fall. Have not tagged a spring tom yet. I will change that this spring.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fowl_Hooked said:
Yep -- I hunt unlimited in the spring and limited in the fall.
I do very well in the fall. Have not  tagged a spring tom yet. I will change that this spring.
Where abouts do you hunt? You don't have to give exact location but a general area. Seeing as I'm very new to the Colorado turkey scene I'm tring to get as much info as possible. Has anyone hunted close to Denver? I guess by close to Denver I mean like the Sadalia area and south of that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'll PM you some info later this evening-- I do not want to give out info to the general public/internet. I am a hell of lot more protective of my hunting areas than my fishing holes. ;D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fowl_Hooked said:
I'll PM you some info later this evening-- I do not want to give out info to the general public/internet. I am a hell of lot more protective of my hunting areas than my fishing holes.  ;D
Perfectly understandable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts