Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a base that has marital housing and will allow us to bring our small dog....not sure that any of them will. my wife wants to do a DTS (i already did mine but i assume they'll make me do another with her as opposed to staffing)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to contact YWAM and see what they have as far as options go. They have bases all over the place and I know that they do training packages for couples so I would imagine that somewhere they'd have couples housing available. Not sure about the dog though! ;D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Dude if you value your marriage, run for your life. I have a friend whose marriage did not survive YWAM...It took almost two decades before her bitterness towards their experience ended their marriage. I am sure you do not want to hear this but step back and take a minute to consider my thoughts. OBTW, my niece is a former Ywamer and I spent many a year in the ministry.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lucky7 said:
Dude if you value your marriage, run for your life. I have a friend whose marriage did not survive YWAM...It took almost two decades before her bitterness towards their experience ended their marriage. I am sure you do not want to hear this but step back and take a minute to consider my thoughts. OBTW, my niece is a former Ywamer and I spent many a year in the ministry.
i appreciate your opinon. my wife and i were dating while i was doing my DTS and YWAM never interefered in our relationship. what bad experience did she have? what base was she at? ill avoid that one. i think each base is going to have a completely different feel. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
FPF, not sure where...Think it was in Colorado somewhere. Take your time and trust what you hear deep inside! Best wishes for your decision! You only get one shot at a great marriage! Been married to an amazing girl for 23 years. Marriage took off when I quit looking for her to "submit". Just my own experience. Best to you!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lucky7 said:
FPF, not sure where...Think it was in Colorado somewhere. Take your time and trust what you hear deep inside! Best wishes for your decision! You only get one shot at a great marriage! Been married to an amazing girl for 23 years. Marriage took off when I quit looking for her to "submit". Just my own experience. Best to you!
thanks man. i appreciate the insight! lol and i dont think mine would ever submit to me no matter what O0 shes a feisty one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts