Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And bust all 25? Seen it done, but the best I ever did at the range was 23. Customary to throw the hat in the air and blast it after a perfect round.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Back when i was working at a gun club i was shooting everyday. And with some top shooters.
my best was 75 in three rounds missed 100 at 97.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
the only way I can hit 25 is in 2 rnds. I suck at skeet.. come to think of it i suck at pheasants also! :D but it's fun stuff!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
baetisrun1 said:
the only way I can hit 25 is in 2 rnds.
Jim, I'm kinda like you. The only way I could get 25 is if I shot straight down at 25 clay pigeons in a stack.

Shooting skeet made me better at shooting birds over my dogs, though.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
like anything else it takes much time and practice, our skeet team shot 1500 rounds per week for 5 guys and the trap team also shot 1500 rds per week for 4 guys and 1 gal. i shot on both teams for 2 years. on practice days we shot reloads that the gunshop charged us 1.00 per box and for competion they supplied factory shells also at 1.00 per box,so ror 2 years i was shooting 600 rounds per week. before the gunshop i shot on the US army rifle team for 2 years, after all that i took up benchrest shooting. the only venue i never tried was pistol competion

1 - 16 of 16 Posts