Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Anybody fish Valco ponds lately?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  scody357 
#1 ·
I used to fish Valco ponds,but havent been in about 2 years. Anybody fished there lately?

#2 ·
Hope somebody answers this because I like to fish here late fall but like you I haven't been in awhile. The back pond always had decent bass fishing -especially the east side. Gets alot of pressure though.

#3 ·
I have never fished the ponds (I never found them) but the river right there has had all that construction for the trout habitat done to it, and should be pretty good this fall and into the winter even from the tail waters.

#4 ·
i havent fished them but did stop by and checked it out a while back and the first pond by the highway was loaded with mid sized gills and you could see some decent bass just crusing around i also think the state record bull head came from there

#5 ·
These can be some decent late season ponds for bass. They do freeze up but not until Jan and not for long. If you drag a J&P here you will get bit!! I understand these ponds had just phenomenal bass fishing when they first opened (Ed March used to write about these ponds quite a bit before he died). But these waters fell prey to the catch and keep mentality and got a tremendous amount of pressure early on. Think I'll try here again later this fall.

#6 ·
from what i saw they need to keep a few more gills from that place they were thick

#8 ·
they are real easy to find but youl need an auger and a lot of nerve

was by there monday and they were completly iced cept along the river side shore for a few feet kinda like some spring action keeping it open i doubt it was thick enough to safely ice fish and i dont even know if it would be legal to ice fish there

the way to get there would be take hwy 96 west out of pueblo after you get to the edge of town but before the entrance to pueblo res you will see the ponds on the north of the road the parking is just past the pond on the right good access to the ark if you want to fish the river since the ponds are iced up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.