Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to Myrtle Beach next week and I was thinking of bringing the 8wt.

Unfortunately, my online searches have turned up nothing. I was there last year at the same time and the weather was pleasant with a couple days of rain, not too cold so I would assume that some types of fish had to be running in the salt marshes or along the beach and piers...

Anybody from the area or know someone that would like to show an out of towner around in exchange for beers and dinner?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fly fishing is not too popular in that area. At least from the beach. There is an Orvis store in town that I suggest you call. I bait fished south of Myrtle in Murrells Inlet (Along the rocks). In the inlet it’s all based on water temp. When it gets above 60 the bait fish come in and it turns on. I was fishing for Red Drum.

Other places to fish are Garden City or Little River

I was there for a conference two years ago and got two good days of fishing in before and after the conference.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Isnt it still spring break in Myrtle Beach? I wouldnt even take a fly rod. >:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually...it's kind of dead. Kind of the season between spring break and summer. No cuties on the beach, just locals in their cut off jeans enjoying the redneck riviera.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Use to fish off the pier there or wade out to the shelf and cast... wasn't into fly fishing when I was stationed in NC so it was just big lures. Did catch my first shark there. We'd only ever fish for a few hours... until we were a little past buzzed and then we went partying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts