Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking over the motor this weekend, I noticed this port underneath. I had never noticed it before. Its this for charging my batts or for elec start?

Rob

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No the black tube looking thing. Thats the kill switch for my outboard. The one under the motor kinda with the 2 copper fittings. And no, I didn't stick my tongue there while running to see if I could get shocked. haha.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
If it is charging or for starting you will see a starter and/or an alternator when you take the cowling off.

It might be the old safety lanyard, I have seen some that were plugs to complete a circuit. Most get bypassed by people.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FishLip said:
If it is charging or for starting you will see a starter and/or an alternator when you take the cowling off.

It might be the old safety lanyard, I have seen some that were plugs to complete a circuit. Most get bypassed by people.
Thanks. The kill switch is right above it, so will check it out and see if they are connected. I don't think I saw a starter or alternator in there. But if I can charge my batts from the motor, that'd be a nice surprise. haha

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLAYERFISH said:
Get on the 'net, do a search and find the operators manual for that motor. Then you'll know what the hell it's for! ;D
Did that. It doesn't show the port. wtf... lol

Seriously though, it wasn't in the manual.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
RVinson said:
Looks like a USB port for your I-Pod ;)
I agree. You should plug Kraz's iPod into it and see if it syncs any new tunes...

·
Registered
326 Posts
On my Honda trolling motor (8 hp early 2000's model) it has a similar port that has negative and positive wire leads that plug into it to hook up the battery to charge the battery while using the trolling motor.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wild Turkey said:
On my Honda trolling motor (8 hp early 2000's model) it has a similar port that has negative and positive wire leads that plug into it to hook up the battery to charge the battery while using the trolling motor.
Nice. Will have to find the right connection for it!!!

Thanks for the info.

Rob

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Slimer said:
Wild Turkey said:

Thanks for the info.

Rob
Don't worry about connectors. Just flatten some wires, throw a little solder on them, stick 'em in and we'll call you Sparky. :D

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Slimer said:
Wild Turkey said:

Thanks for the info.

Rob
Don't worry about connectors. Just flatten some wires, throw a little solder on them, stick 'em in and we'll call you Sparky. :D
Pretty much how I've done everything else on the boat... haha

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Slimer said:
I know of a guy who went sky diving from my friend's hot air balloon in South Dakota. He misjudged things and got tangled up in power lines before he landed. He was very, very lucky and didn't die, but he carries the nickname "Sparky" to this day. ;D

C'mon, Rob! Go for it! you could be "Motorboat Sparky".

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Slimer said:
I know of a guy who went sky diving from my friend's hot air balloon in South Dakota. He misjudged things and got tangled up in power lines before he landed. He was very, very lucky and didn't die, but he carries the nickname "Sparky" to this day. ;D

C'mon, Rob! Go for it! you could be "Motorboat Sparky".
Pretty sure I'll try it out next time on the water. I just want to get a longer hose for the gas line first...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts