Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not really a way I like to fish but I caught more bass on this rig than anything else I threw this winter. Hard on the shoulders but it does produce.

Yum makes a light weight flash mob jr that is doable with a MH rod.

Just seems to me it would be very effective trolled for walleye and wipers. Puts alot of lures in the water and though I've never gotten a double or better I know guys who have. Also works good for striper/white bass or any other schooling
fish.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best retrieve I have found for an A rig is cast it out, let it sink to the bottom and slowly reel it in keeping contact with the bottom. You'll lose some rigs but you'll catch more fish. A yum money minnow works good or any paddle tail plastic.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Dudes slay with em out here. Find a school of busting shad and toss/troll that b!#©# through the middle of em.

Resident striper slayers have brought in 30-40 pound rock fish on these rigs. Alot of the tournament bass anglers catch the big 8-10+ pound Florida strain LMBs out of the reservoirs using the same method.

I'd say they work anywhere... Little pricey for my meager fishing budget, but I may pick up a couple this Summer.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I think it will work well for trolling wipers also?
I was catching wiper on what is now called an A rig about 10 years ago... no lies. It was called an umbrella rig then. For trolling I would do it, but for casting I feel there are better ways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts