Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new scott s3 for xmas, wanna try it out. Was thinking about heading over to stagecoach Jan 8th, any takers?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
That sounds like a good trip, ive never fished below Stagecoach before...unfortunately i work that weekend....but id like to do it sometime...perhaps later if you are going let me know?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the next weekend? Do you work alot during the week? Do you have snowshoes? Let me know.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I might be able to do the 14th...my work schedule fluctuates constantly, but as of now i have that open...

where do you live?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
yes, i will remember that. actually, he did good on the brats, he just forgot to bring a grill with a "no melt" gas hose.... ;)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
hey, I call em as i see em. thats why i was standing 45 yards away....

I still ate a brat..it was damn good too... ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Ken, burn. I learned my lesson on grilling on fishing trips.
Rottal, I live in Westminster but can drive to you or we could meet up in Steamboat. Just let me know what is best for you.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya know I feel bad about that. Thinking about it a couple of days later I thought to myself....."$#!^, I really could have gotten us all hurt. But, now its just kinda funny, you are right, good memory.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im still terrified of my gas grill, the whole situation has left me somewhat mentally scarred i fear... ;)

N.G.D.T.B.---i live in Longmont, so im not too far at all...when i figure out the deal with work well make a plan...i need to wet a line soon or my girlfriends going to sell my rods i think...

as far as snowshoes i can get some, if need be. you will have to fill me in on the details, ive never fished that area...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Luke warm brawts are better then no brawts. :p Little bit of mustard and a cold beer mine went down just fine, I didnt hear anyone complaining.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hey can I get in on this Stagecoach trip? I live in Denver (Mayfair), am a not too bad but not too good fly fisherman , and I'm willing to bring food and beverage. I'm in town both weekends mentioned but out the next. Also, the weekend of the 14th is a three day for me (federal holiday).

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
food? beverage? sure come along ;) im sure NGDTB will no have no problems with another straggler...

however, its going to be some serious winter fishing, so make sure you have some decent gear. if you have any questions on what to bring PM me and ill try to fill you in...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luke warm brawts are better then no brawts. Little bit of mustard and a cold beer mine went down just fine, I didnt hear anyone complaining.
Glad to hear it ePIC.

Volfan, sure come along. You will need some snowshoes and some layers. Its about a 2 mile trek in. But it should be fishing good and there will be NOBODY there. Bring some midges, black beauts and bloods are always good bets, but I just bring my whole box.

Rottal, I drive a honda accord now so if you want to take the Tacoma up there that would be great, we could just meet in Steamboat or head out from Longmont. Would love to get some pictures up of the Tacoma bruising through some tough snow, just to spite ePIC. :)
Let me know what sounds best.

P.S. Not bringing the grill :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If its anything like when I was up there the 15-19 of dec., I'd say bring some snow shoes. The road to acces the tailwater is closed in the winter so its either hike in about 2 miles in waste deep snow like I was dumb enough to do, or bring a snowmobile. There is more snow in town and that area then I have ever scene. The entire time I was on the water it was around 20 degrees and snowing. Now as for fishing was it worth it....you bet it was! problem was I only lasted about 2 hours before I thought me entire body had frostbite. Did it once, will I do it again this winter...HELL NO!!! Im about as extreme as they come, but that was edging on stupidity. I guess you have to be miserable to catch fish sometimes. Needless to say, I skied the next two days.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was around 20 degrees and snowing.
Sounds like a blast!
I am a glutten for punishment. Paying your dues in the winter makes you a better angler in the summer. I will for sure bring snowshoes, figured it would be pretty bad. But, I'm up for it. What were the fish hitting Slugger?
Bank ice? Crowds(yea right, but was anybody else up there)?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
a couple people on the ice but no one on the river. Bionic midges in cream, black and grey all did me well. I was tossing a red crystal as my point. There are a lot of blood midges that get swept out from the reservoir so I would always have one on my line.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nogood,

How you liking that S3...I haven't put mine down since the day I got it. Sounds like a good trip in the making. I have to go sun myself in Costa Rica, fight some sailfish and all, but would love to get a trip organized when I return. Still up for the Pan? I'll bring the homebrew.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
what Fishwhisp, you too good to fish up at Steamboat with us? i understand though...Costa Rica sounds much more appealing. you gonna try some bluewater stuff with a flyrod? you better take some pics ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FishWhisp
Loving it man. Just a phenomanal rod. You just let me know when you want to make it out to the pan. As far as that Costa Rica comment.......
Sure you'll be in sunny Costa Rica fishin' for bills and other exciting game fish, but me and John will be snowshoeing in 20 degree weather for 16 in trout.....wait.Damn. Have a good time.
Rottal, you figger out if you can make it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts