Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Chambers sun morn and I was wondering if anyone had any info like where to go and what baits are working now. We have a boat and are planning on hitting the inlets but its been 15 years since I was up there and I don't really remember anything about that lake. I used to fish from the shore when I was a kid. We are targeting the big macs! any info would be much appreaciated.

Jake

·
Registered
935 Posts
All three of the stream inlets at the south end of the lake (on either side of the peninsula where the campground is). I like to fish the fall creek inlet on the west side of the lake. You can hike around and fish it from shore, or you can boat or float tube up to it from the campground.

I cast just about any nymph pattern fly right up to the inlet and retrieve in very very short, quick strips - two quick strips, pause, repeat.

The trout at these inlets will hit most anything. I've caught them on streamers, and on spinning gear with spinners, etc...

I've seen people do well with powerbait, salmon eggs, and worms, at times, but fly fishing the inlets has always been the most productive at this time of year for me at Chambers.

Now is still a decent time to catch lakers in the shallower water on the south end of the lake, too. I caught a nice one last spring at this time on a bullethead marabou streamer.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i went up there this weekend and for the first time ever i got skunked at every lake up there i think i went to early this year cause i could tell nothings been stocked its usually good around july

·
Banned
487 Posts
Like most lakes, Chambers Lake now has tons of small macks and bigger ones are hard to find. I would jig 3" white tubes on 3/4 ounce jighead tipped with sucker meat. Or I would slow troll small flatfish or countdown rapalas. Fish 25 - 50 feet near structure or on large flats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts